June 20 2023 MANHATTAN, New York – Four people are dead and two others are critically injured after a fire broke out at an e-bike shop in Lower Manhattan early Tuesday morning.
Heavy fire started just after midnight at the shop located in a six-story building on Madison and Catherine Street in Lower Manhattan. Firefighters rushed to rescue people from above apartments as flames raged from store windows.
Cause of the fire is under the investigation.
Per FDNY Fire Marshals, this morning’s 3-alarm fire at 80 Madison Street in a Manhattan, which killed four people was accidental. Caused by a lithium-ion battery on the first floor.