A man was found dead this afternoon (December 23rd) after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside a Maspeth warehouse in Queens.
FDNY responded to a call about high levels of the poisonous gas inside of 54-19 Flushing Ave. At 12:40pm, after a man inside the warehouse was found unconscious surrounded by heavy storage. He was pronounced dead at the scene, cause of death yet to be confirmed.
Nicholas Kehagias, Local Astoria resident was said to be the victim, according to witnesses on the scene.
The two-story building was evacuated and no other victims were found.
Video by NewYorkCityPeople (FNTV Freedomnews.tv)