Heavy fire caused 4 injuries to children who were left home alone at Burke Ave and Barns Ave . The fire was on the second floor, around 9:34am, and all visible fire was knocked down before 10am.
The children were rescued from the apartment and rushed to Jacobi Hospital , at least three children are listed in critical condition.
Per FDNY Fire Marshals: Cause of this morning’s all-hands fire at 783 Burke Ave. in the Bronx was accidental, electrical, building wiring. Smoke alarm present but not operational.
33-year-old mother was charged with 3 counts of endengering a child.