There were around 35 shootings between the 4th of July and 7pm Sunday July 5th, injuring more than 45 people, according to the NYPD.
Here are just some of the shooting scenes and one stabbing we filmed in the last 24 hours:
- On Sunday around 6pm, police responded to a male shot in front of 221 East 170 Street, within the confines of the 44 Precinct. A29-year-old male had a gunshot wound to the chest. EMS responded to the location and transported the victims to BronxCare Health System, where he was pronounced deceased. There are no arrests and the investigation remains ongoing.
2. Inwood shooting injures 5 people, including teenager, when gunfire broke out outside 549 Academy St. around 3:40 am last night.
A 29-yo female and a 28-yo male were both shot in the leg. Teenager who is a 15-yo boy was shot in the ankle, a 30-yo male was shot in the back and a 23-yo male was shot in the head, police said.The five victims were taken to local hospitals and the 23-year-old man was listed in critical condition, police said.
3. Two cops injured in the Bronx after a bullet went through the front windshield of their car. One sustained a cut in the face from shattered glass, the other cop suffered ringing ears. Both were treated at local hospitals. It was not immediately clear whether the SUV was targeted or if it was a stray bullet.
4. MANHATTAN, New York: A 20 year old male (originally reported as a 14 year old child) was shot in the chest and transported to Mt Sinai-St. Luke’s Hospital in life threatening condition. The incident happened at 1657 Madison Avenue between 110 and 111th streets around 630pm. A citywide hospital canvas was ordered to check for additional victims.
5. BRONX, New York: 3 males were shot on, 1 victim is dead, 1 victim has life threatening injuries. The incident happened at East 171st at College Ave around 8pm. 1 was shot in the chest and one in the torso. A firearm was recovered at the scene. Two victims in traumatic arrest are going to Bronx Lebanon, third is going to Lincoln Hospital
6. Queens, New York: Police set up level one mobilization for a shooting outside of Queensbridge, Queens. Vernon Blvd and 41st Ave it is now a confirmed Police Involved Shooting where perp pointed a firearm at police. Police struck perp . Firearm has been recovered. According to witnesses on the scene a big fight occurred on the street which resulted in residents getting pepper sprayed by the police.
7. A New York City Police Department investigation was underway Sunday afternoon at the Wall Street subway station on the uptown platform of the 4 and 5 lines. When asked about a report of a stabbing, an officer on the scene said: “Something like that.” As of approximately 1:30pm, a spokesperson in the NYPD’s Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Public Information said his office did not yet have any official information about the investigation. (Ben Von Klemperer / BVK Images LLC – FNTV freedomnews.tv)
8. On July 5,2020 at approximately 0320 hours police responded to a 911 call of an unconscious male in front 330 Bruckner Boulevard within the confines of the 40 Precinct. Upon arrival police discovered an unidentified male deceased with trauma to his back. The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death.
VIDEO SHOWS SCENES THAT MAY BE UPSETTING
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings